If you have recently welcomed a puppy or kitten into your family, make sure to schedule an oral examination for your young pet with your veterinarian.
- Puppies more than kittens may develop many oral conditions in the first 8 months.
- If these conditions are recognized at a young age, they can be successfully treated.
Learn about oral conditions that are common in puppies and kittens:
- Orthodontic abnormalities
- Retained teeth
- Missing teeth or impacted teeth
- Delayed eruption
- Fractured teeth (with or without pulp exposure)
- Enamel defects / hypoplasia